To earn a high school diploma, students must earn two (2.0) health and fitness credits. 1.5 credits represent the fitness portion of the requirement, and are met by course work in physical education (PE). The other .5 credit is met by taking a health or Lifetime Fitness course.
Lake Washington School District recognizes the importance of the development of healthy habits that include physical fitness and emotional well-being and provides a variety of classes to fulfill the 1.5 credit fitness requirement.
In some circumstances a student may request an alternative option to meet this requirement. Students must fill out the Appendix E of the graduation policy and submit it to the counseling office for approval. Once the request is approved, students must submit and pass a Fitness Plan assessment.
The alternative Physical Education option is available only to high school juniors and seniors.
After you have received approval to complete the Fitness Plan, please follow the directions below:
- Download the Fitness Plan Document. Read all directions.
- Download the High School Fitness Assessment and Plan Study Guide
- Complete and save your Fitness Plan document. Double-check all questions and ensure all your answers are detailed and completed.
- Upload your document to Turnitin.com prior to the submission date listed below
- Be sure to use the latest Class ID and Enrollment Key. Old Class IDs and passwords will not work.
- You will receive an email confirmation in your inbox or junk folder.
2023-24 Fitness Plan Deadlines
Wednesday, October 25, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, January 10, 2024 by 11:59 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2024 by 11:59 p.m.
Class ID: 42195893
Enrollment key: sunshine
The LWSD fitness assessment team will take at least four weeks to grade all fitness plans. Students will receive an email when scores have been submitted to Skyward. To be proficient and pass this assessment, you are required to score 3 or higher in each of three parts of the test. Students who do not meet proficiency (a score of 2.5 or lower in each of three parts) will need to revise the parts that were not proficient. For example, if a student scored a 3 on part 1 and part 2, but a 2.5 on part 3. This student would only need to revise part 3.
Scores on Skyward
To view your score, log into Student Access and click on the “Test Scores,” tab. Then choose, “PE-Fitness_Plan,” and click “Show Scores.”
- Copies of any plans not passed will be sent to your school counselor to be distributed to you.
- When revising, please review the comments written on the plan and make the necessary corrections before re-submitting.
- The new turnitin.com Class ID and Enrollment Key for the next submission date will be on this page.
- Revisions are due by the next closing date listed.
Questions about submission of the Appendix E, Physical Education waiver, can be directed to your assigned counselor.
Questions about the Fitness Plan can be directed to Stephanie Miller Teaching & Learning Specialist, Health and Physical Education.